Your Tour Guide from King Island Tours meets you on arrival at King Island Airport.
Let’s to get to know each other at the leading Currie Bakehouse over a coffee or tea and a gourmet pie breakfast.
Perhaps a Camembert and asparagus or even a seafood pie. PS. It’s rated by as TripAdvisor No.1 restaurant in Currie
After breakfast your all-terrain vehicle will take you onto the beach where you will gain an insight into the seaweed industry
of King Island.
Your guide will show you some of the natural garnishes that are used in the sea to table, paddock to plate experiences that
you will share in whilst on King Island.
From there we will take the old kelp track, which will take us to a climb of greater heights, an amazing view from the crow’s
nest of Currie harbour.
From there a harbour walk to the main fishing fleet of King Island.
Our break for lunch will have you snacking on a fresh locally caught crayfish roll whilst gaining an insight into our cray fishing
After lunch we visit the Frogshack Farm, a bushy food farm, where we will gather our garlic.
Travelling onwards takes us through some of the highest producing cattle country in the world.
Your tour guide and a local farmer will talk to you and describe why King Island Beef is highly sort after.
Arriving at your accommodation, Wilderness Retreat, you will be taken upstairs to enjoy a selection of King Island cheese’s and a choice of red and white Tasmanian wines while overlooking the breathtaking ocean views of Bass Strait
At this point you can retire to your heated room or soak up the warm and cosy atmosphere in the guest’s lounge, entertainment and reading area
At 7 pm
your Tour Guide will return, pick you up and take you to Wild Harvest Restaurant for your 5-course degustation taste of King Island produce.
Sunday, you will meet the new day with a continental breakfast and breathtaking views over Bass Strait
Your tour guide will arrive and take you on a unique 4WD tour over the 7th generation working cattle property of the Bowling Dynasty, which takes in amazing coastal scenery, fauna and flora.
Click here for more images
And no we haven’t left out the white tablecloth morning tea and a 3 course lunch, matched wines in dramatic locations.
This tour has won numerous awards for King Island Tours . Also your dining venue – Wild Harvest– has been voted as NO.1 restaurant on TripAdvisor.
Click here for more images
Before we say goodbye to you at King Island Airport, we have one more stop. A cheese tasting and an opportunity to purchase some of the best-known cheese in Australia at the world renowned King Island Dairy
The Taste of King Island inclusions :
- Return airfares Melbourne to King Island
- Picked up from King Island Airport
- Gourmet pie breakfast at Currie’s No.1 King Island Bakehouse
- All-Terrain vehicle tour “will take where others can’t”
- Guided Tour of King Island’s famous sea weed Industry
- A unique Ocean to Table, Paddock to Plate experience
- Lunch crayfish roll matched to a Tassie cider and tour of local Crayfish Industry
- A famous King Island Dairy Cheese board and a taste of Tasmanian wines on arrival at our B&B style Wilderness Retreat
- Accommodation Queen ensuite rooms
- 1 x 5-course degustation taste of King Island Ocean to Table, Paddock to Plate at King Island 5 Star Rated Wild Harvest Restaurant and Cooking School
- Continental Breakfast
- 1 day Hidden South 4 WD tour taking in Coastal scenery, flora, fauna and tour over a 7th generation cattle property
- Morning tea over a camp fire and freshly cooked damper with local honey
- 3 course local produce white tablecloth lunch with Tasmanian matched wines, white tablecloth lunch
- Cheese tasting and the opportunity to buy cheeses from the world-renowned King Island Dairy
- Transfers to King Island Airport
Available every weekend
because each weekend is restricted to 12 people
This is about providing you with a silver service
Weekend that you will remember for the rest
of your life
Book your weekend before October 31st
Per Person, Twin Share